A New Book ... Already?!



I was browsing through the few years of blog posts here at The Advocatus Atheist and felt they dovetailed nicely in terms of tone and style. 

The subject matter is less about religious criticism and more about being self reflective. It reads somewhat as a memoir and something like a personal journal of my thoughts and opinions regarding a full range of topics. 

Naturally, I thought it would be fun to put the best of the best over the past 3 years into a book and publish it just for the hell of it. Here's the mock cover I whipped up. I kind of like it.

As for which essays and articles I chose to include, they are as follows:

  1. Preface
  2. Why Are Atheists So Angry? 
  3. Why I Ran Away from Christian Apologetics 
  4. Answering an Agnostic in Crisis 
  5. On Pro-Choice: Why It’s the Only Moral Choice 
  6. Belief Doth Compel Thee 
  7. Questions About God 
  8. On the Ben Affleck, Bill Maher, and Sam Harris Debate (Debacle) 
  9. To Whom It Offends 
  10. Ignosticism: A Short Recap (What do you mean by “God”?) 
  11. A Frightening Epidemic: America’s Obsession with Religion 
  12. Why Advocate (Promote) Atheism? 
  13. Authenticity: Reflections on Why I Lied to Myself 
  14. Why I changed My Mind About Marriage and Monogamy 
  15. Corporal Punishment is Wrong 
  16. Christian Spammer Girl 
  17. Happy Draw Muhammad Day! (May 20th) 
  18. Book Banning Gets My Goat 
  19. Jesus the Corn King 
  20. If You Don’t Have Faith: Then What Do You Believe In?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conflating Atheism and Agnosticism is a Mistake

Discussing the Historicity of Jesus with a Christian Agnostic